The Global Council is responsible for the development of strategy, work plans and policy positions for PWYP at the global level; coordination between the regions; and governance of national coalitions. The Global Council is accountable to the Global Assembly for its work, and makes key recommendations on policy and strategy to the Board and the Executive Director.
The Global Council is elected every three years at the PWYP Global Assembly. They can serve up to two terms of three years.
The Global Council comprises 10 representatives: there are seven seats for sub-regions, two seats for member organisations with global reach and one seat for a representative from the Africa Steering Committee. For more information on the Global Council’s responsibilities, refer to the PWYP Governance Manual.
Africa Steering Committee representative
Europe and North America
Middle East and North Africa
Global Council Meetings minutes and communiqué
- Global Steering Committee meeting 18-19 May 2013
- Global Steering Committee meeting 22-23 January 2014
- Global Steering Committee meeting 5-6 August 2014.
- Global Council meeting April 2015
- Global Council meeting 2-3 December 2015
- Global Council meeting 14-15 September 2016
- Global Council meeting 4-5 April 2017: communiqué and minutes
- Global Council meeting 10-11 October 2017